Who we are
www.ROADBOOK.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by ROADBOOK Group Limited. ROADBOOK Group Limited is the data controller and can be contacted at:
Mail: Suite 609 Britannia House, 1-11 Glenthorne Road, London, United Kingdom W6 0LH
1. The personal data we will collect;
2. Use of collected data;
3. Who has access to the data collected;
4. The rights of Site users; and
When the legal basis for us processing your personal data is that you have provided your consent to that processing, you may withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, it will not make processing which we completed before you withdrew your consent unlawful.
You can withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and process personal data about users only when we have a legal basis for doing so.
We rely on the following legal bases to collect and process the personal data of users:
1. Users have provided their consent to the processing of their data for one or more specific purposes;
2. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us or a third pary to pursue a legitimate interest. Our legitimate interest is not overriden by the interests or fundamenal rights and freedoms of users. Our legitimate interest(s) are: Originate and publish content, including under license and with the support of partners and advertisers that are relevant to users; and
3. Processing of user personal data is necessary for us to take, at the request of a user, steps before entering a contract or for the performance of a contract to which a user is a party. If a user does not provide the the personal data necessary to perform a contract the consequences are that we are unable to fulfill the products and services requested.
Personal Data We May Collect
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit and use our Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information:
1. IP address;
3. Clicked links; and
4. Content viewed.
Data Collected in a Non-Automatic Way
We may also collect the following data when you perform certain functions on our Site:
First and last name;
2. Date of birth;
4. Email address;
5. Phone number;
7. Payment information;
8. Auto fill data; and
9. Surveys responses and other feedback.
This data may be collected through creating an account and submitting online forms.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
How We Collect Personal Data
The data we collect automatically is used for Statistical analysis to improve website performance, improve relevance of content, offers and advertisements published. We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties.
The data we collect when the user performs certain functions may be used for the following purposes:
1. Communication and marketing;
2. Fulfillment; and
3. Statistical analysis to improve the website.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Who We Share Personal Data With
We will not sell or share your data with other third parties, except in the following cases:
1. If the law requires it;
2. If it is required for any legal proceeding;
3. To prove or protect our legal rights; and
4. To buyers or potential buyers of this company in the event that we seek to sell the company.
If you follow hyperlinks from our Site to another Site, please note that we are not responsible for and have no control over their privacy policies and practices.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How Long We Store Personal Data
User data will be stored until the purpose the data was collected for has been achieved. You will be notified if your data is kept for longer than this period.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. Registered users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
In order to protect your security, we use browser encryption and store all of our data on secure servers. All data is only accessible to our employees. Our employees are bound by strict confidentiality agreements and a breach of this agreement would result in the employee’s termination.
While we take all reasonable precautions to ensure that user data is secure and that users are protected, there always remains the risk of harm. The Internet as a whole can be insecure at times and therefore we are unable to guarantee the security of user data beyond what is reasonably practical.
Your Rights As A User
You have the following rights:
1. Right to be informed;
2. Right of access;
3. Right to rectification;
4. Right to erasure;
5. Right to restrict processing;
6. Right to data portability; and
7. Right to object.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, for example you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Collecting Data on Children
We do not knowingly collect or use personal data from children under 16 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under 16 years of age, the personal data will be deleted as soon as possible. If a child under 16 years of age has provided us with personal data their parent or guardian may contact our data protection officer.
How to Access, Modify, Delete, or Challenge the Data Collected
If you would like to know if we have collected your personal data, how we have used your personal data, if we have disclosed your personal data and to who we disclosed your personal data, if you would like your data to be deleted or modified in any way, or if you would like to exercise any of your other rights under the GDPR, please contact us at the contact methods on the Contact Information section.
A cookie is a small file, stored on a user’s hard drive by a website. Its purpose is to collect data relating to the user’s browsing habits. You can choose to be notified each time a cookie is transmitted. You can also choose to disable cookies entirely in your internet browser, but this may decrease the quality of your user experience.
We use the following types of cookies on our Site:
1. Functional cookies are used to remember the selections you make on our Site so that your selections are saved for your next visits;
2. Analytical cookies allow us to improve the design and functionality of our Site by collecting data on how you access our Site, for example data on the content you access, how long you stay on our Site, etc;
3. Targeting cookies collect data on how you use the Site and your preferences. This allows us to personalise the information you see on our Site for you; and
4. Third-Party Cookies are created by a website other than ours. We may use third-party cookies to monitor user preferences, tailor our content and ads, provide social media features and to analyse our traffic.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content From Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have any complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us through the contact methods listed in the Contact Information section so that we can, where possible, resolve the issue. If you feel we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner you may contact a supervisory authority. You also have the right to directly make a complaint to a supervisory authority. You can lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints, you can contact us at:
Mail: Suite 609 Britannia House, 1-11 Glenthorne Road, London, United Kingdom W6 0LH